This is a blog about cooking with a science spin (don’t worry – nothing too technical!). I’m hoping to share my experiences in the kitchen that will help make your cooking adventures a little less scary.
In this blog you will find:
- How to get started in the kitchen
- Tips for impressing your family and friends with simple, yummy recipes
- Explanations of terms that will help you be a better cook
- Recipes for some make-at-home beauty products
- Some of my favorites in the kitchen (and maybe at the beauty counter too)
About the author:
Cooking Chemist is written by Shannon Romanowski – a chemist by trade but a chef at heart. Shannon studied chemistry in college and went on to be a formulator for a major beauty care company. She taught herself how to cook but quickly learned that a lot of the skills she acquired in the lab applied to her cooking. She did not go to culinary school, nor did she spend much time in the kitchen as a child. However, she was lucky enough to have parents that introduced her to fine dining at an early age and has been a self-proclaimed foodie ever since! As a young adult, she really discovered her passion for cooking and found that her scientific background helped her in the kitchen more than she ever could have imagined.
Please feel free to leave comments and thanks for visiting!
Contact the Cooking Chemist at email@example.com